Entry to Forth Valley Art Beat is subject to the following terms and conditions, please take time to read in full.
1. An application to participate in Forth Valley Art Beat comprises 2 parts: completion of the online registration process and acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. All applications must also be accompanied by full payment of the participation fee. This can either be paid by sending a cheque to the address below or paid online using Paypal. N.B. Paypal can be used for one-off payments using a valid credit card and does not necessitate that a user account is set-up.
3. All fees must be paid in full before the 31st January 2019. Failure to do so will result in your application being withdrawn.
4. Artists accept that no refunds will be given after 14 days of paying the entry fee.
5. Acceptance by Forth Valley Art Beat of this participation application entitles the applicant to a one year membership of the organisation. Forth Valley Art Beat reserves the right to decline any application deemed unsuitable for the event.
6. Each participant must open their venue to the public on the days they have specified and be in attendance during the opening times stated.
7. Artists must display clear venue signage to the public.
8. Artists accept they are required to make their venue area safe and respectable ready for the public.
9. Participants accept they are required to showcase to the public an element of their working practice, this can be through a working studio, a hired a venue, outdoor artwork, pop-show, or gallery/art organisation.
10. Participants accept they are required to promote their own studio through their own contacts and networks and not to rely entirely on Forth Valley Art Beat marketing.
11. All participants will receive a pack of brochures and posters which they will be expected to distribute. Participants accept they are required to distribute all of their marketing material to local shops and venues in their area.
12. Please ensure the three images for the brochure are landscape and high resolution. A photographer can be recommended to ensure that your work is represented well.
13. Supply good directions to your venue when completing the booking form.
14. Please note if the name of another artist is entered within the 100 word artist’s statement then it will be removed, unless you are prepared to pay for their entry in the directory.
15. Forth Valley Art Beat will base the production of the brochure / web site and any other advertising material on the information contained in the online application form.
16. Forth Valley Art Beat reserves the right to exclude, edit or decline any content deemed to be inappropriate or offensive. It is the responsibility of each applicant to ensure all details are correct on the online application form at the time of submission as no further proof reading will be carried out. Forth Valley Art Beat accepts no liability, direct or consequential, for any errors or omissions in its advertising and promotional material. Please note that there will be a £20 administration fee for any additional edits to your submission.
17. Forth Valley Art Beat accepts no liability for damage to, or loss of, work, equipment or other property to or in the care of members or the visiting public or for injuries sustained by members, the visiting public or by any other person at the venue, whether exhibiting at their own venue or that of others.
18. Participants must ensure that adequate insurance is in place. Acceptance of these terms and conditions is an acknowledgement that the participant understands that they are responsible for arranging Public Liability Insurance for their studio/venue and must do so.
19. Participating members must ensure their studio/venue is safe for the visiting public. It is the artist responsibility to have the relevant insurance for their venue.
20. All work displayed must be that of the registered participant or group. Participants should not display the work of artists who are not listed in the FVAB 2019 brochure.
21. Forth Valley Art Beat is not responsible for any losses resulting from cancellation of the event, though will endeavour to reimburse fees where possible.
22. All artwork should be original.
23. Please note the participation fee covers the production costs of the brochure and website design. In previous years FVOS have hosted a Showcase exhibition this has always supplementary event associated with the FVOS event, which is independently financed by the organisation hosting the event and free of charge for FVOS participants. Participation fees for the Forth Valley Art Beat do not contribute additional events such as Showcase exhibitions or Pop-up Shows and FVAB participants are not obligated to exhibit. If any additional events take place you will be issued separate Terms and Conditions complete by the host organisation for this supplementary event.
24. Any member found not abiding with the above conditions will not be included in further Forth Valley Art Beat events.
25. All applications must confirm that the terms and conditions have been read and understood. Acknowledgement of the terms and conditions will be by way of a check box on the online application before submission.
Payment details can be found at the bottom of your confirmation email that you will receive upon registration. Our preferred method of payment is BACS or Paypal. Payment must be completed in full by 14th February 2019. FVAB reserve the right to remove your application if payment has not been made in time.
Avril Nicol, Forth Valley Art Beat, 29 Gartcows Crescent Falkirk, FK1 5QH
Forth Valley Art Beat T/A Forth Valley Open Studios Community Interest Company No: SC410605