Forth Valley Art Beat 2021
10th&11th July – Artist Open Studios / Gardens Weekend
17th&18th July – ArtCycle events (with installations in place whole of July)
We are delighted to announce plans for the 2021 Forth Valley Art Beat event.
There are many changes to our event this year, with a newly styled approach designed in response to current times. Please read carefully below before submitting your application.
We hope the revised structure gives artists across the Forth Valley an opportunity once more to participate and to sell their work direct to the public, whilst also offering an event that provides a safe, comfortable and welcoming environment for visitors.
A common thread through the 2021 event will be around the outdoors, cycling and eco-art. We are commissioning 4 artists to create works involving outdoor spaces and cycleways across the Forth Valley, from Grangemouth, to Falkirk, Stirling & Bridge of Allan, with a number of associated events that encourage cycling across the area and between the different locations of the Art Beat event. Full details about these projects will be available shortly.
We encourage artists, art organisations, or galleries to open up their studios, gardens or outdoor spaces. We understand the uncertainty some may have about inviting visitors into their home studio at this time so hope artists may consider opening up their garden or outdoor space instead. We invite you to think creatively about your space, whether its about opening up a shed or garage perhaps, or about installing work in your garden, or perhaps a combination.
The main changes to the 2021 event:
- Event to be held over one weekend only – 10th and 11th July (we have moved the date from June in the expectation of less restrictions relating to local travel at this time). All participating artists will be expected to open up on both these days, 10am to 5pm.
- Limited printed materials – there will be no brochure catalogue this year but instead a printed folded poster/map that details all the artists participating with their locations on the map, along with redesigned maps focussed around sustainable travel.
- One-off participating fee of £50.00. This fee applies to all applications whether a single artist, joint artist, group, collective or a gallery or organisation is applying, as well as being inclusive of named additional artists. This considerably reduced rate reflects the one-off nature of this different style of event this year, with there not being a printed catalogue, it being a shorter event, and the core communication of the event being through the website and navigating app.
- Arrows & bunting will not be available this year. We will though provide access to a dropbox folder which contains graphics and pdfs for printing off arrows, and related publicity materials, such as event images for sharing via your own social media.
- Each venue will receive their own web & app page (as per usual), containing 3 images, full bio and description of the artist/s work, along with contact information, and map of their location.
- Organisations or galleries with outdoor spaces are also encouraged to participate, hosting their own artworks. Anyone wishing to discuss further before applying please contact Rosy Naylor – email [email protected].
How to Apply:
- Registrations for applying online will be open from 10th to 31st March – available via forthvalleyartbeat.com
- You will be asked to outline the type of space you intend to open up, ie. studio in garden, or house, or variety of both. We understand the changing nature of restrictions makes it difficult at the time of applying to know exactly what participants might want to do, but there will be a chance to adjust your booking prior to going to print.
- Please have ready for your application three images of your recent work for uploading. These will be used for the website and app only (not the printed material).
- Two descriptions of your work/studio are requested: – a short description for the printed map, and – a longer description for the website and app only.
- All studios will be open 10am to 5pm each day, Sat 10 & Sun 11 July. We cannot accept any changes to these times for opening.
- Payments are required at the time of commencing your booking at £50 per booking, payable preferably via Paypal.
-Up until 1st June 2021, should the need arise to cancel the event due to Covid-19 restrictions, full refunds will be offered to all participating artists.
-Cancellations after that date due to Covid-19 will take into account any event costs incurred, such as printed material, before then refunding participating artists.
-Should an artist wish to cancel for their own reason, cancellation prior to 1st June will receive a full refund, with those from 2nd June being offered a 50% refund.
Registration is now closed.
For any enquiries please email: [email protected]